New Page 1
RECHABITE HALL, CHRISTIANS MEETING PLACE,
POST OFFICE AND COURT HOUSE
The Rechabite Hall was built in 1886 (106 High
Street). Later used by the Returned Soldiers League
and the Freemasons.
The Christian meeting house was built for the
Church of Christ in 1886. The earliest service took place
in Berwick in 1869.
A banquet was held at the Mechanics Institute in
1885 to celebrate the opening of the Post Office and
the Court House.