Key structure in the fabric of Old Berwick is the
Venetian Gothic styled former public office group built between 1884
This was built to house the unusual combination of
Court House, Post Office & Postmasters' residence at the rear.
The fine courtroom interior, coloured external
brickwork, the display of stonemasonry, the cast iron and arcaded
verandahs are all notable, recalling a time when architects toured
Europe for their inspiration.