BEACONSFIELD AVENUE OF HONOUR
- Originally planted in 1929 with 123 trees; now reduced to 118.
Initiated by local philanthropist Miss Ada Armatage of Holm Park.
The trees are Black Poplars.
WILSON & SCANLON STREETS
- Approx. 35 English and Pin Oaks planted in September 1917.
Co-ordinated by the Berwick Progress
Association with donations by Berwick residents of trees &
tree-guards. Gaps between the trees have been filled in over the years.
- English & Pin Oaks planted in 1919, these with the memorial
plaque, commemorate the nine boys from Berwick Grammar School who were
killed in the World War 1 and one in the Boer War.
HARKAWAY ROAD -
Significantly, this Avenue is planted with Red Gums, the natives chosen
by the local community to represent the national pride that evolved from
Australian participation in the War.
29 trees were planted, though some originals have since been replaced
with oaks. The memorial stone was unveiled on Anzac Day 1959.
MEMORIAL DRIVE, NARRE WARREN NORTH -
60 English Oaks were planted in this Avenue, which was officially opened
September 1919 - the result of a community project, which involved
working bees and donations, as well as afternoon teas provided by the