Pioneer Park

Pioneer Park

Pioneer Park

Pioneer Park

Address
Pioneer Park
Peel Street

Berwick 3806
Pioneer Park was officially opened in October 2005 on the site of the Old Berwick Primary school, which was the third Primary School in Berwick. The first school in Berwick was established in a hut on Robert Gardinerís run in the 1850s (south of High Street). A new school was constructed in 1861 in Peel Street, opposite St Michaelís Catholic Church. The School re-located to the Pioneer Park site in 1869.

The earliest part of the existing building dates to 1876, the 1869 room being demolished for an extension in 1914.

The School population moved to a new building in 2003 and the Community raised funds to purchase the site.

Pioneer Park is an attractive park with a very rare steam clock, one of only three in the world, designed and built by Peter Weare.

The old School building is now the Head Quarters of the Casey Cardinia branch of The National Trust, one of the Heritage groups in Casey and Cardinia.